The Armour Villa Neighborhood Association, officially known as The Armour Villa Colony, Inc., was formed in 1949. The Board of Directors is made up of fifteen volunteer residents who work towards the following objectives:
- We maintain a close relationship with our elected officials, our police and fire departments, and key Yonkers administrators, to improve services and safety in the neighborhood, to protect our property rights and to promote our interests in the wider community.
- We sponsor three annual events to strengthen ties among neighbors and help us raise money to support our efforts. In March we warm up at a Wine and Cheese Party hosted by a neighborhood resident. In June we close off one of our blocks for a Picnic, which is also our annual membership meeting. And in early December we usher in the holiday season by gathering around one of Armour Villa’s beautiful fir trees.
- We reach out to neighbors in need.
- We publish a 36-page bi-monthly newsletter, The Villa Voice, that is hand-delivered by volunteers to every house in the neighborhood. This much anticipated newsletter reflects the special people, places, and activities in Armour Villa.
- We also keep neighbors connected through a blast email system and a private Facebook page.